Worksheet on food from plants contains the different types of questions on the food we get from plants i.e. vegetables, fruits, cereals, pulses, etc,.
Read the concept to answers the questions of the different types of food we get from plants.
I. Answer the following questions:
1. How are plants useful to us?
2. Why do we need food?
3. Name some vegetables that you like most.
4. Which fruits do you like to eat?
5. What do you mean by cereal?
6. Name two plants which give us oil.
7. Name two roots that we eat as vegetables.
8. Name two leaves that we eat as vegetables.
9. Name two flowers that we eat as vegetables.
10. Name two stems that we eat as vegetables.
II. Fill in the blanks:
1. _______ are the seeds of some plants that can be eaten. (cereals / pulses)
2. We eat _______ of turnip. (root / stem)
3. We eat _______ of potato. (fruit / stem)
4. We eat leaves of _______. (cabbage / peas)
5. We eat flowers of _______. (carrot / broccoli)
III. Put a tick (√) against the correct sentences and a cross (x) against the wrong ones.
1. We get tea and coffee from plants.
2. Radish is a fruit.
3. Maize and rice are pulses.
4. A beetroot is a stem.
5. Sugar is made from sugarcane.
Check the answers of the worksheet on food from plants:
I. 1. Plants are useful to us because we get most of our food from plants.
2. We need food to stay alive.
3. Some vegetables I like most are cauliflower, spinach and beetroot.
4. Mango and grapes
5. Cereals are the grains that can be eaten.
6. Mustard and coconut.
7. Carrot and radish.
8. Spinach and lettuce.
9. Cauliflower and broccoli
10. Potato and ginger.
II. 1. Pulses
III. 1. √