Worksheet on how plants grow contains the basic questions on different parts of a plant and seeds.
Read the concept to answers the questions of how do plants grow.
I. Answer the following questions.
1. Name four main parts of a plant.
2. What are the functions of roots?
3. What are the functions of stem?
4. What is the function of leaves?
5. Write the names of three fruits.
6. Why are fruits useful for us?
7. What is a baby plant?
8. What are the three important things a plant needs to grow?
9. Can a seed grow into a plant without water?
II. Fill in the blanks:
1. Root and _________ gives support to the plant.
2. _________ bear flowers.
3. _________ carries water and nutrients from the soil.
4. Flowers _________ into fruits.
5. _________ carries food and water to all parts of plant
6. _________ prepare food for the plant.
7. Seeds have hidden _________ inside them.
8. Seeding grows into a _________.
9. Flowers produce _________ or fruits.
10. A baby plant grows into a big plant with the help of air, water and_________.
III. Put a tick (√) against the correct sentences and cross (X) against the wrong ones.
1. Most flowers are green in color.
2. Root is present under the ground.
3. Stem is present under the ground.
prepare food for plant.
Fruits are found inside the seeds.
6. A seedling grows into a plant.
7. A flower has a baby plant inside it.
8. All plants bear flowers.
Check the answers of worksheet on how plants grow:
I. 1. The four main parts of a plant are roots, stem, leaf and flower.
2. The functions of roots of a plant are present under the ground. These roots give support to the plant. It carries water and nutrients from the soil.
3. The functions of stem of a plant are present above the ground. It also gives support to the plant. It carries food and water to all parts of plant.
4. The function of leaves is to prepare food for the plant.
5. The names of three fruits are mango, apple and watermelon.
6. Fruits are useful for us because they protect us from various diseases.
7. Baby plant grows into a new plant.
8. The three important things a plant needs to grow are air, water and sunlight.
9. A seed cannot grow into a plant without water
II. 1. stem
7. baby plant
III. 1. X