Worksheet on materials water and air contains various types of questions on how different materials occupy space. We know our world is made up of different kinds of materials and these materials are grouped under solids, liquids and gases.
I. Answer the following questions:
1. Name three things made out of these materials:
2. Give one use of the following material:
3. Which common property do all materials have?
4. Water will overflow, if more water is added to a glass filled to the brim. Why?
5. Name the three main states under which all materials are grouped.
II. Classify the given materials correctly under solids, liquids and gases:
syrup, chalk, air, petrol, orange, cheese, incense smoke, sand, oil, oxygen, orange-juice, carbon dioxide.
Check the answers of worksheet on materials water and air:
I. 1. (i) table and chair
(ii) bucket and comb
(iii) tyre and eraser
(iv) belt and bag
2. (i) drinking
3. Space is the common property all materials have.
4. Water will overflow, if more water is added to a glass filled to the brim because liquid occupies space so the excess water added overflows.
5. The three main states under which all materials are grouped are solid, liquid and gas.