Worksheet on digestion contains various types of questions on the process of digestion that takes place in the digestive system of our body.
I. Fill in the blanks:
(i) The breaking down of food into small, simple pieces is called _________.
(ii) Stomach, food pipe, small intestine and large intestine are parts of your _________ system.
(iii) The digestive juices present in the mouth is _________.
(iv) The food pipe takes the food to the _________.
(v) Digestion is completed, and food is absorbed into the blood in the __________________.
(vi) Water is absorbed from the undigested food in the __________________.
(vii) The undigested food is thrown out of the body through the _________.
II. Answer the
1. Name four organs of your digestive system, which make digestive juices.
2. How is saliva useful in swallowing the food?
3. What happens to the food in the small intestine?
4. What happens to the undigested portion of food?
5. How is fiber useful?
Check the answers of worksheet on digestion:
I. (i) digestion
(v) small intestine
(vi) large intestine
II. 1. The four organs of your digestive system, which make digestive juices are salivary glands, small intestine, liver and pancreas.
2. Saliva is a digestive juice made by the salivary glands that mixes well with the food while chewing and soften the food so that it can be easily swallowed.
3. In the small intestine the food mixes with more digestive juices and breaks down further.
4. Water is absorbed from the undigested portion of food and the solid part is thrown out of the body through the anus.
5. Fiber is useful for our body as it helps in removing waste from our body.
From Worksheet on Digestion to HOME PAGE
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.