Worksheet on the sun and the moon contains various types of questions on sun and its light, shadows of objects, moon and conditions on the moon.
Read the concept to answer the questions on the sun and the moon.
I. Fill in the blanks:
(i) The sun makes the clothes __________.
(ii) There is no __________ to breathe on the moon.
(iii) The sun looks __________ because it is far from us.
(iv) A shadow is formed when something comes in the way of __________.
(v) There is no __________ to drink on the moon.
(vi) __________ was the first man to step in the moon.
(vii) Shadows are __________ at noon.
(viii) Shadows are formed on the __________ side of the light.
II. Answer the following questions:
1. What does the heat of the sun do?
2. When we can see our shadow long?
3. Name the first man who went on the moon.
4. Is the moon closer to the earth than the sun?
5. Does the moon have its own light?
6. Why is there no life on the moon?
7. Name two artificial sources of light.
8. Why are there no plants on the moon?
Check the answers of worksheet on the sun and the moon:
I. (i) dry
(vi) Neil Armstrong
II. 1. The heat of the sun dries up wet clothes, water from the lakes, rivers or seas and also helps to ripen fruits.
2. We can see our shadow long in the morning and in the evening.
3. Neil Armstrong was the first man who went on the moon.
4. Yes, the moon is closer to the earth than the sun.
5. The moon does not have its own light.
6. There is no life on the moon because there is no air or water on the moon.
7. The two artificial sources of light are candles and electric bulbs.
8. There are no plants on the moon because there is no air or water on the moon.